The patty itself is gluten and dairy free and is AWESOME on a bed of arugula greens. Steve and I came across this recipe when trying to find a recipe for a friend with gluten and dairy intolerances and fell in love with it ourselves. This recipe from Sprout is one of many delicious ones on her site. She also has lots of info about eating healthier and about cleanses that are both healthy and safe.
Makes 6-8 patties.
3 carrots, peeled
1/2 head cauliflower
1/2 cup almond Flour
1 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 pound salmon, cooked
1 tablespoon high heat coconut or grapeseed oil
1. Pulse carrots and cauliflower in food processor until evenly grated.
2. Combine carrots, cauliflower, salmon, almond meal, curry, and cinnamon and stir well.
3. Heat oil in a medium saute pan on medium-high heat.
4. Form patties and cook in the pan, 8-10 minutes on the first side and 5-8 on the second side. These patties have a tendency to fall apart if handled too much, so make sure to not mess with them too much after they’ve been put in the pan.
5. Serve on a whole wheat or onion bun with fresh arugula, onion, and a dollop of lemon curry remoulade or on a bed of arugula with a simple lemon vinaigrette. We had a few green tomatoes in the garden and had gotten a few sweet potatoes in our Organics to You shipment, so we whipped up some fried green tomatoes and baked sweet potato fries.
Lemon Curry Remoulade
4 tablespoon mayo
2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
dash of paprika
1 garlic clove,minced
sea salt and pepper, to taste
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and season to taste.