2 oz. bourbon or whiskey
1 1/2 oz. spiced apple cider
1/2 oz. thyme infused simple syrup
1 apple sliced crosswise into 1/4 inch slices, 1 slice cut in to chunks
1 sprig fresh thyme
1. Chill martini glass with ice and a little water.
2. Muddle thyme and a couple apple chunks together in a pint glass.
2. Add whiskey, spiced apple cider, thyme simple syrup and ice to the pint glass (if you are using a Boston Shaker) or cocktail shaker and shake until frothy.
3. Dump ice water from and fill to the top with your cocktail, garnish with an apple slice.
Thyme Infused Simple Syrup
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
3 sprigs fresh thyme
1. In a small saucepan bring water, sugar and thyme to a simmer. Stir constantly until all sugar is dissolved. If you are using a plain apple cider try adding cinnamon, cloves, and allspice to the simple syrup to add a little fall flavor to your cocktail. Allow to cool before adding to your cocktail.